Should we break up? Am I his girl or his mother?

I have been a relationship for 10 years now and I am being to grow tired of being the breadwinner. Is it wrong for me to want to be taken care of. I am not saying I want to quit my job and lay on my butt watching soaps. I just don't want all the pressure of paying all the bills and holding all the responsibilities. I have tried to make it clear that I need help but his excuse is I can't make anyone hire me. When he's working, I still make more than him so he feels like his check is worthless. I am at my wits end. I am still in love with him and I want us to be a family but this financial thing is putting a real strain on our relationship. Also, we just went through a miscarriage and I am still dealing with that. I feel like he's doesn't treat me as a companion but more a parental figure kind of. I have to leave him money for hair cuts and for job interviews and I pay for everything. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Favorite Answer

Are you married to him or not? So your not married to this guy, and you have been living together? This will make sense if you don't... That is what happens to married couples or couples who live together for a long time. You will immediately become a parental figure or some kind of maid or wife to him in his life. He may feel he already has you, and he may take you for granted.(married or not) If you have been in a relationship and not married it's even worse! What you need to do is sit down and discuss the problem with him. It seems to me you think you break up with him anyways. So, I suggest you talk it out, and use your better judgment. I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

I have been in a very similar situation. It's time for your man to grow up. You've enabled him by taking care of his every need and he has come to depend on that. It's been 10 years so he's probably very used to your doing everything. He's comfortable, and if his needs can be met without his working, why wouldn't he hang around and milk it for all it's worth? You need to put your food down. Set some ground rules and tell him to shape up. Give him a firm deadline and stick to it. Don't be a pushover. Good luck.

Sounds like you might could use some marriage counseling, or something to that effect, I suggest you seek help somewhere for these issues will probably never get any better on their own. You need to discuss with him exactly how you feel and set some guidelines for him and if he can't help then you will have to leave.

i really know how u feel i went through that to so i decide to leave because i was not happy. if u are not happy please leave it will only get worst

How does it feel to be a man?