How can I find out how many miles it takes to get from one place to another on a map?

From John F. Kennedy International Airport to Manhattan New York.

Favorite Answer

I believe every search engine has some type of map. Yahoo has it's own and I have found Yahoo to be more reliable than Mapquest. MSN also has it's own. They will give you the milage as well as the estimated time it should take. Watch the site because you can choose the scenic route or a more direct route. Play around with them, it is fun!!I looked up JFK, NY to Manhatten NY, NY and Yahoo maps show it is 20.3 miles and will take approx. 36 min. driving. That will take you to the middle of Manhatten which they say is Reade Street.

I am going to go ahead and just answer assuming he has a map made of paper or something, not on the internet. Hell, why not.

Every map has a scale of distance. The best thing to do is find out how many miles/whatever one inch is. Then, measure how many inches it is from point A to point B, multiply that number by the amount of whatever it is your measuring, and you have found the distance.

If it just so happens that it doesnt come out to an even number of inches, your going to have to just take a guess on that part of it.

• G.V.

Use Mapquest. Go to mapquest.com and click on the "Directions" icon on the top. Then enter your beginning and ending points.

on your yahoo home page there is spot that you can click on at the far right marked maps ,just click on it and it will show you how to go from there.

mapquest.com

use mapquest