Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

bare minerals?

has anyone tried the product bare minerals?

tell me your opinions on it and if it worked or not.

thanks :)

• 3
    Favorite Answer

I've had a semi-alright experience with bare minerals. It is, as they promise, really light, forgiving, and easy to apply. It doesn't always cover like they say it will though. If you have a little zit, you'll be tempted to keep covering it with powder until the redness is reduced, but that could take forever and will leave your skin looking really cakey.

Now, I use Dermablend's Cover Creme, which works SO well. It honestly covers everything. It's used professionally to cover up tattoos, birthmarks and anything else you would want to cover. It's $27.50 for a tub, which is basically the same price as a container of foundation from Bare Minerals ($25.) And I think it works SO much better. It's super easy to apply and really forgiving.

After I cover up anything that needs to be hidden, I go over my entire face with Cornsilk's powder that helps set the foundation and help to reduce oil throughout the day. That's another problem I had with Bare Minerals - it made my skin super oily, which led to more pimples, which led to feeling like there was more to cover up. Not a friendly cycle!

I would seriously check out Dermablend's Cover Creme. If anything, just go try it.

Hope this helped a bit! Take care.

I love this product! The foundation works wonders, the mineral veil gives the perfect effect, the brushes are fabulous. The only thing I don't like that came in the starter kit is the warmth (bronzer). No matter how little of it I use, it just looks wrong on my fair skin.

It keeps me from looking shiny with my oily skin, I can't feel it, and it never looks cakey. I also hardly get blemishes since I started using it.

I recently started using their eyeshadows and liner/shadows with weather everything sealant, it's amazing. Some of the best value for the cost I've seen in makeup. Using the powder liner is so much better than pencil or liquid.

• I love bare minerals!

I have very red cheeks (not rosacea, but red enough for me to not like it), and I started wearing bare minerals makeup one month ago. Prior to that, I hated wearing any makeup-it felt too heavy to me, and bare minerals is super light, and it covers my red very nicely-all day! It goes on easily, and I can't tell I have it on. I don't leave home wihout putting on at least the foundation now (I haven't worn makeup in over ten years on a regular basis!).

I highly recommend bare minerals to everyone!

I just tried it recently and I really like it. It covers like regular foundation and it feels really good on your skin. The downfall is that it is expensive but now loreal sells a similar mineral product.

YES YES AND YES! Those products are fabulous! They feel good, its very difficult to get too much of it on your face, you never have any probs like not blending well enough, and it looks like you airbrushed your skin. I love their foundation, well rested, bisque, blush, and mineral veil! Their brushes are amazing and soft as well! The mineral veil is great whether or not you use different makeup altogether. It is colorless and never adds anything to your face and you can never get too much of it on. AND it removes shine, and makes your makeup last longer!

I love it, too. It looks natural, and beautiful. And does not feel like i am caking on wet foundation that makes my skin irratated. I always feel like the wet foundation sinks into my skin and does not come out when i wash my face. The bare essentials sits on top, but looks so natural. just don't forget to wash the brush every few weeks with hot water and a non scented soap.

• jenna

I love Bare Minerals! The best make up I've ever used. It leaves my face looking flawless (and it's not!). Even looking into my lighted magnifying mirror, it looks natural. I might add I am old enough to be the grandmother to two baby girls!

I absolutely love bare minerals! I use the tinted mineral veil and its the best...Its lightweight and lets your face "breathe". If you want a lot of coverage..its not the best choice.

Source(s): bare minerals user

Yes I love their products, check the source for the reviews I wrote on most of their items!

I love it !!! It covers blemishes and spots but does not feel cackey like liquid foundation. I can't feel it when I wear it. It Is my favorite !!!