i have a shadow above my upper lip. it looks like a mustache, but it's not?

has anybody had this? what can i do to make it go away. i have big lips so could that be why? it's anoying because people keep saying that i have a moustache, but it's not hair, it's just a shadow. please help me.

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Welcome to my life.... and not to worry when you get old enough it will be a mustache ....

    You can put darker lipstick on at the outside edges of your lips and lighter make up under your nose where it looks darker

    or you can get the Snare look that says GOT A PROBLEM. which is sometimes the only way to go.

    I am sure you are more worried than you need be. People will always find fault when they want to and beauty when then need too.

  • 1 decade ago

    I don't think it's because you have big lips. I've heard before that sometimes certain hormones may cause a dark shadow above the lip and it's due to extra pigment there - does this sound like what you have? I think I read about it in a beauty magazine and sometimes some women react to birth control in that way. The article said that you can take a vitamin or a supplement to reduce the appearance but i'm so sorry that my memory is kind of hazy about this.

    But don't feel too self-conscious! if you watch carefully a lot of women have this extra pigment (i think i even noticed julia roberts having this in one of her movies).

    Oh and a quick fix might be the bleaches used to bleach hair. I remember using it and it made the skin there a bit lighter too... BUT I don't think it's very good for you if you use it too often.

    So doing a quick google search it could be related to melasma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloasma but to be sure, try a dermatologist.

  • 4 years ago

    Im interior the properly suited difficulty besides,and that's amazingly annoying. I frequently use a compact of my dermis tone and brush it around my face, yet whilst it come to the better lip I brush extra on. It defiantly facilitates, yet I additionally am searching for an answer that'll make mine seem extra organic and extra defined in case you be attentive to what i recommend..wish this helped (:

  • 1 decade ago

    Possibly, but it's hard to say without seeing a picture. And if you are sure that it's not hair, the best advice I have for you is to work with a good makeup artist. S/he should be able to help you.

    Good luck.

    Source(s): Health/Wellness/Skin Care Consultant
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    who cares u can use some make up and tone it a have one on top of my eyelid and people ask me did u get punched in the eye.... so i get over and every time i see my self in the mirror i blow a kiss at it lol and say how beautiful and thankful i am

  • 1 decade ago

    Cover it up with a foundation if you would like. It might be from a sunburn or tan in just that area! good luck!!!! ;p

  • 1 decade ago

    just wear concealer to hide the shadow

  • 1 decade ago

    uhhh... maybe it's a skin discoloration, especially if you're a women of color. You can probably just use a liquid-y concealer on it. Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    well go to walgreens and get something to clear that part of the skin and to make sure it is not hair wax it in case

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.