Father's Voicemails.... Can I get a restraining order?

A few days ago I took my little step-brother and step-sister to evening "youth group" at a local Church. On the way back their older sister (who is 24 and has moved out) calls me and asks me if I can bring the kids by to see her dying disabled daughter.... With out asking my step-mother's permission I proceeded to take them over for about ten mins. Later that evening, after droping them off at home. I get these crazy angry bipolar-like messages from my father. In the messages he proceeds to curse and disown me.

Even though he didn't actually threaten me, can I use the voice messages as evidence to file a restraining order for harassment?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Never heard of a restraining order for harassment. What do you need a restraining order for? He is not doing anything as following you or coming around to cause trouble or as you say, threaten you so you don't really need a restraining order. While what he did is very wrong, I hope you can go on and make a good life for yourself.

• 1 decade ago

I would suggest first getting his phone number blocked or changing your number to avoid problems in the future. It sounds like he is unstable and getting a restraining order may provoke him. However, if this kind of thing has happened more than once, you may want to contact a lawyer.

• 1 decade ago

Call your local police dept and ask. They can usually answer your question. If not, call the court house and ask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.