Father's Voicemails.... Can I get a restraining order?

A few days ago I took my little step-brother and step-sister to evening "youth group" at a local Church. On the way back their older sister (who is 24 and has moved out) calls me and asks me if I can bring the kids by to see her dying disabled daughter.... With out asking my step-mother's permission I proceeded to take them over for about ten mins. Later that evening, after droping them off at home. I get these crazy angry bipolar-like messages from my father. In the messages he proceeds to curse and disown me.

Even though he didn't actually threaten me, can I use the voice messages as evidence to file a restraining order for harassment?

Favorite Answer

Never heard of a restraining order for harassment. What do you need a restraining order for? He is not doing anything as following you or coming around to cause trouble or as you say, threaten you so you don't really need a restraining order. While what he did is very wrong, I hope you can go on and make a good life for yourself.

I would suggest first getting his phone number blocked or changing your number to avoid problems in the future. It sounds like he is unstable and getting a restraining order may provoke him. However, if this kind of thing has happened more than once, you may want to contact a lawyer.

Call your local police dept and ask. They can usually answer your question. If not, call the court house and ask.