1997 Toyota Camry with 106k miles?

The price for this car seems decent to me.

But for 1997 Camry, do you think 106k miles are okay? I am going to be using this car for 1 or 2 years from now.

Do you think resale might pose a problem?

Favorite Answer

if the car's in good shape, those Toyota's run forever, and resale should'nt be a problem if YOU take car of the car, I've seen older Toyota's with 3 time's that milage still running like champ's

Source(s): 20 year's as a mechanic

The car you are talking about IF IT WAS PROPERLY MAINTAINED regular oil changes and things fixed when they broke or wore out as opposed to letting them just go is just starting it's life.I have heard people talk about Camry's and other Toyota's going well over 500 k miles with no major problems.The secret is REGULAR either 3 month or 3 k miles OIL AND FILTER CHANGES.As for resale value Toyota's do hold their value quite well along with Honda's.The only real problem ALL Japanese cars suffer from is body rot due to the fact that the metal used in making them is recycled American scrap metal.But if you keep it washed,waxed and don't let rust spots and deep scratches get out of hand you should have no problems.

I just sold my '94 Camry coupe for 1850.00 and it had 220,000 miles on it. I purchased the car a year ago for 1800.00...so I made 50.00 bucks and drove it for a year! I had every reason to believe that this car would go for another 200,0000 with no problems. So much so, that I sold the car to purchase a 2001 solara, with Yes, 129,000 miles on it. Toyotas in my opinion are the best. This is my 3rd Toyota, and my boyfriend has had 2, one now being a 4x4 truck....Take it from someone who knows-you can't go wrong!!!

My 94 camry wagon is about to turn to 250K miles, I think it can go another 100K. They are great cars, but you do have to take care of them. Properly taken care of, a toyota with 106K miles is not broken in yet.

Hi

I currently own a 1997 camry 4 cylinder with 220K on it and I expect to be able to put another 100K on it easily. I also own a 1984 Supra with 250K on it and I expect to put another 250K on it easily too. Just stay on top of oil changes. On both of these cars i have never been inside the engine, only a couple of alternators on the supra, the camry,,,,,,just oil changes.

I had a toyota camry that lasted for 250 k. Sold it off afterwards, too. Car's still running with new owner.

It's a fair deal. And concerning the milage on your Altima, 900 miles in a month isn't overly alarming right in track to 12-15k a year.