Do you try to be unbiased when picking a best answer?

I do. But when someone totally agrees with me, of course they get favoritism. :) Be honest though.

Favorite Answer

totally! when someone answers a question of mine well, it's usually not that hard to pick out the best answer. you can see who's spent more time and thought on it.

I try not to be unbiased when picking my best answer. What l look for in a best answer is someone who looks at my questions and tries to answer it to the best of their ablity. It helps it they give alot of details and even a weblink to something that I might be looking for. The people who just say nope. or just say something like gee I don't know the answer to your question but thanks for the 2points...You better believe they won't get the best answer and I will definitely give them a thumbs down for it :)

I disagree with the theory of man made global warming, but I gave best answer to a guy who showed evidence to support his opposing position, along with links.

Although I am a staunch conservative, I once gave best answer to a raving liberal "Kookoo Bananas" because he legitimately had the best answer (it was wrong, but it was still the "cream of the crop")

I probably shocked one guy. Not only was his answer a complete rebuke of my viewpoint, he was quite insulting about it. However, he was so over the top hilarious that I gave him Best Answer for his efforts.

Now I admit, I love it when someone agrees with me, but I'm actually thrilled when someone gives me a completely unexpected answer too.

People don't have to agree with my point of view to have their answer picked as best, but if they disagree with me they have to be able to show that they understand where I'm coming from and have a good reason why they disagree so that I can differentiate them from people who are just trying to pick a fight with me.

I've even picked people who didn't agree with me as long as they had a great argument and were rude and nasty.

But of course ultimately my favorite is who agrees with me! lol

• WC

Technically, there is NO SUCH THING as being unbiased. Everytime you choose one thing over another, you play favorites. This is true for every choice you make in life.

When someone asks you a question or asks for advise, they want your opinion. Be yourself and be honest. It is their responsibility to do what they want with the information.

i try and fail