Is it normal for the baby not to move a lot during a 17 week ultrasound?

Favorite Answer

When I got my 16 week ultrasound my baby didnt really move around at all he just seemed to be relaxing, but now at 26 weeks I can't seem to get him to stop moving around. I wouldn't worry :) Sometimes they have more mellow days.

My baby was very active during my ultrasound at 19 weeks. Your baby could have been just sleeping at the time. That happens during some ultrasounds. If there was a problem, your OB would have told you.

Just like everyone else said the baby may have been napping. As long as the baby still had a heatbeat and doctor or ultrasound tech didn't say anything about it then everything should be ok!

Depends, my baby was very active but again, you could have got your baby while he/she was sleeping or he/she was just very calm. Before my ultrasounds I drink orange juice....it makes my baby more active...in my last ultrasound they couldn't even get a good pic of her because she was moving so much!!

I am sure if something was wrong, the doc would have said something!! Good luck

Source(s): myself 6 months preg.

could just mean that it was taking a little nap. not all babies are super active. and they all have slow periods where they rest