How do community hours work?

How can I start getting my community hours actually stored... In other words, get accounted for? I volunteer for the community a lot, but don't know how people keep track of the hours of work I do. Like for example, I work at my local church a lot, but I need the hours for job applications and college applications, etc. how do I make sure that the employers (and others) know for sure of HOW MANY hours I've done?

Favorite Answer

Ok this is what you do, You go to the person or place that your going to work for, you make a chart and have them write down the time you started and sign it, then when your done, you write down the time you ended and have them sign it, on another peice of paper write down there First and last name, and the number of there buisness.....ok Buh Bye! i Hoped this helped you!

-peace

Make love not war has got the right idea. Another way to do it is to get a planner or something like it and keep track of your own hours. Then when you are finished volunteering for that organization, tyoe out all the dates and have the Executive Director sign it. Then they can make a copy for their records and you have a documented paper. Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!!!