Anonymous

Looking to socialize with people my age with physical disabilities?

I myself am physically disabled, but doctors don't know if it's permanent or not. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out their in their teens or early 20s (I'm 22) with a physical disability that might wanna Chat on Yahoo or MSN?

Favorite Answer

All kinds of groups on yahoo to do with disabilities, just go to ww. yahoogroups.com

You might look into Independent Living Centres , if you are in Canada , try yahooing cailc in your search engine.

You also might try joining disability groups , with your particular disability in your own area, e.g. united Cerebal Palsy Association, American Federation of the Blind ,Canadian National Institute of the Blind.

Or better yet just get out and volunteer for something in your community whether it's disabled related or not and you'll meet people and develop a social network of your own.

• kacey

Cool idea--I would look for "physical disabilities support groups" via a search engine like google or yahoo; I bet there are lots of message boards and chat rooms out there. That's how I found sites for my illness. It has been a really good thing for me, so I'd encourage you to stick with the idea!

• Lauren

hey.......im 17 with a physical disability. i have aim, myspace, and facebook. let me know which one of those is good for you. there are also plenty of yahoo groups you can join, im in a few.

Look for a website with your handicap on line such as EpilepsyAssosiation.com