Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Why can't you...GIRLS ONLY!!!!?

why cant you put a pad in your bathing suit when your swimming on ur cycle? what would happen? have you ever done this?

what if you arent allowed to wear the 'alternatives'???

thnx!

Favorite Answer

If you put it in your bathing suit it gets all wet. That doesn't really work well, because then it starts to fall apart and it spreads itself out in the pool. I usually wear one until I get to the pool, then take it off when I get there and get it. It usually stops if you're in the water, so you should be okay.

The pad will fall out of your swim suit, because the wetness on your suit will prevent the pad from being able to stick to it. You can go swimming without a pad if your period is light, because it normally stops in cold water. Mine does, but if it's heavy, I think it'd be best not to.. I never went in when I had a heavy period, and I don't want to embarass myself in case it doesn't stop in the water. The only alternative, besides tampons which i refuse to use, is just to wear a pad in your swimsuit, but just lay down and tan instead of swimming, and then maybe step into the pool a little to cool off!

Hope I helped!

the pad would fill up wit water and then u would feel uncomfortble and ur blood would go into the pool more easlier dat y then if u were wearin a tampon. i don't think u want to go swimmin and have ur blood get in the pool and people can see dat would be embrassin especially if u are wit ur friends. i would talk to ur mom or dad bout dis. tampons will be more comfortble and it doesn't get in the pool and when ur at school people can usually see ur pads (and most people find dat disgusting, some girls but, mostly guys) but, not when u wear a tampon and u can do more sporty things too. i was in the same position too, it was hard at first but, eventually i got use to tampons. i wear pads on my heavlier days and when i am at home or when i go to sleep. i wear tampons on my lighter days and when i go somewhere like to the mall or movies. remember, if u wear tampons not to wear it over 8 hours cause if u do it becomes risky and like after a few hours over the limit u could start gettin sick and some girls have even died.

but, good luck and i hope u find wats most comfortble.

Source(s): cause i wear them, both

First of all, the pad would absorb the pool water to its full capacity, then it might start disintegrating. Have you ever seen a disposable diaper that has been in the water? Your pad would look like that.

Since the pad absorbed all that pool water, it could not absorb anything else. Depending on how heavy your flow is, the menstrual blood would seep out of your swimsuit, stain it, and color the water around you.

If your parents are the ones who told you not to use tampons, you might ask them if it would be OK to use the smallest size, just for the time you would be in the pool. If your doctor is the one who has said not to use them, speak to your doctor about alternatives for in the pool. Otherwise, you may have to just sit on the side and work on your tan (but don't forget the SPF). If you are not going in the water I think you could wear a pad, as long as it does not have wings that would show.

Well basically what would happen is that the water would make the adhesive on the bottom on the pad weak and it will come unsuck to your underpants. U can also be embrassed if u come out of the water and don't know that it is hanging out.

Also another reason for not swinmming in pads is because they will absorb the water and it just isn't sanitary for you ao everyone else in the water with u. So, since u can't wear tampons, I thinku should maybe avoid the water until your period goes off.

Pads get really really soaked and are extra absorbant... for obvious reasons. So they will way down your swimsuit. No, I haven't already tried it... but if you are really curious get in the bathtub and try it out. Also, if you can't use alternatives, by which I think you mean tampons, here is a solution I used when I didn't know how to put tampons in. (It's a little gross). I just put a small wad of toilet paper up there, and it worked out just fine. However, if you have a heavy flow, I wouldn't suggest doing that. There might be... complications. I don't know if there's any 100% safe way to go in a pool if you can't use tampons.

the purpose of the pad is to soak up or absorb your blood. if you swam with the pad on, then the pad would absorb all the water in the pool. which is not a very smart choice......n then you might end up getting blood in the pool.

so...if you aren't allowed to use a tampon. you're best alternative is to not swim. or to sit on the side of the pool....with just your lower legs in the pool. n not completely in the pool.

first of all lol i dont know anyone who would want to wear a pad.. it would go all sauggy and float and just equals a bad mess. Techniqually when your in a pool you dont even need to wear a pad or tampon its just when you get out you should be worried. You should be able to wear "alternatives" (tampons) easy to use. If you don't know how just buy a box every box comes with instructions =)

if you put a pad in your bathing suit, it will blow up and look puffy and rediculous.

I have friends who swim on their period [dont wear tampons] and they dont leak into the water. im not sure if it would work for everybody but try it in like the bath tub or when nobody else is around --oh yeah wipe first.

I have one friend who puts on a light thin pad on her bathing suit than wear shorts and goes in the pool, but as soon as she comes out she wipes really well and she says it works everytime.

i guess it really depends on the person. if those dont work you might wanna try they tampons, or not go swimming.

Because pads get full of water and it would fall apart in the pool. that would be embarassing. if your not allowed ot wear tampons just wear a pad until you get in the pool. it usually stops when your in the water. or you can try to talk your mom into letting you use tampons. theres really no harm at all.

Because look at what a pad is made of. It's just a wad of cotton and when it gets wet it will fall apart and probably fall out of your bathing suit and run all down your legs. Gross.

When I was 16 I wasn't allowed tampons either, but I would sneak them from my mom. Eventually she caught on and let me start using them.