Why do the call one another "Grasshopper" on Celebrity Fit Club? What does that mean?

Favorite Answer

On the old TV show "Kung-Fu" the wise master used to refer to his young pupil as "Grasshopper"

Grasshopper is another term for beginner student. And the celebrities on Celebrity fit club are all beginner's on learning how to loose weight on the show. Otherwise they would not need to be on the show if they knew what they were doing.

Britney isn't fat. I see an excellent sort of fat ppl ordinary the place I artwork. She looks notably good for somebody who basically gave start to 2 infants. I agree, she desires help, actual help and take a good long ruin from the limelight.

• Emily

I've never seen the show, but I'm assuming it's a reference to the kung-fu/karate kid movies where the old wise asian dude is teaching the young apprentice.

it refers to Master Po of Kung Fu series calling Caine his student "grasshopper".

"If you can grab the pebble from my hand you are ready to leave...grasshopper"

it sorta means student

Its off of the Kirate Kid.