Any idea???

I’m a BS Biology grad and I 'm planning to take nursing this October. Do you have an idea if how long I’m gonna finish that course and where can I find school which offers cheaper tuition fee but has a good standard of teaching.. (Metro manila only)

But i'm an allied med graduate. I'm just wonderin if i could take nursing for only 2 years or 2-1/2.

Favorite Answer

I guess it will take you to 2 1/2 years in nursing since some of your subjects can be credited.But still depends on the school's standards.

I think nursing is a 4 year course, and am guessing schools like University of Manila (if am not mistaken) and STI colleges would be good choices of school...

• yeye28

2 years is min. years to take up nursing.

not all nursing school accepts 2nd coursers (that's what they call it). some schools do accept and mostly classes are held whole day sats and sundays (so you can work weekdays) which are preferred by those who have jobs during the weekdays (mostly 'takas', or secret -hey, no employer will be thrilled to find out their employees are taking up nursing).

there's a school in recto PCHSC i think, check it out.

nursing is not exactly cheap esp now that's its in demand and even doctors are enrolling.

Source(s): have friends who are taking up nursing as their 2nd course

there used to be nursing schools that offered crash nursing course for second coursers but this practice had been maligned, discouraged and disallowed. i believe you now have to take the full course and will have to check which of your b.s. biology subjects will be credited by the school you intend to enroll. the better the school, the stricter they are with accreditation.

My personal choice would be Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM). Good luck.

try to select the schoool whose percentage is high in terms of passing the board exam

STI college....reccommended by ABS-CBN