Why am I so retarded?

I wish I was more like my awesome brother.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hon, I don't know you, but I think calling yourself retarded is a little harsh. I know it's hard to be in the shadow of a older sibling or a sibling that seems to do better than you. But remember, that you are just as good, just as smart, and just as talented. It sounds as though your self esteem is a little low, but I'm sure if you take a long look at yourself, you will see that you are AWESOME TOO!!!!!!!! Here's a little exercises you can try...if you wan ( believe me when I say this works, because I felt the same way you do, and it worked for me ) Start writing a " I'm Terrific " journal. The whole purpose of the journal is to only write good things about yourself in it. You can"t write anything that is negative in the journal. If you can't write down good physical aspects, start out with things like...I have a pretty smile, I like the shape of my eyes....start out small, and the more you write, the more things good you'll find to put in there...you can even write down good things you do for others....like helping a friend with a problem, all those things are good things about yourself.....just give it a try. I think you are just fine, you just need a little pick you up..:) I wish you good luck and if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to email me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.