why sometimes people dont want to face the truth?

like if they do something not right and they dont accept it that they are wrong but still giving reason just to win the battles cant understand that do you have any idea why is that?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is called ego. Some people always have to be right - it is a power and a control issue. Some people don't want to face the truth because of emabarrassment. Some people just think they are sooo smart that there is no one smarter than them and they just cannot accept defeat. Einstein said only a fool thinks he is so smart that he cannot learn anything new.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is the way some people are they don't like admitting things that they were wrong about, because they are too headstrong and feel as if they can't ever be wrong, so they just won't own up to it. Sometimes people can mature though and get out of that sense of being so headstrong all the time.

• 1 decade ago

people that can never face the truth suffer from internal power struggles. often they have beenshown they are wrong and crave to be right for a change...even if it means arguing until they are blue, or even violence...they want power for a change...and also that a good power struggle is a way for them to dominate...i deal with it everyday at work as i work with abused children...all they crave is power to fight back wether it be over a snack or life or death situation...i know what i'm talking about

• 1 decade ago

facing the truth can be a brutal shove in to reality.. and some people can be soo stuck in there ways or beliefs or what ever that they dont want to leave there comfort zone. at the end of the day in your heart you will always know that you did the right thing in pointing that issue out to who ever was to blind to see it... things will change hopefully for the better.. take care!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They just hate to be wrong. It is a blow to their ego and self esteem. It makes them feel like a fool when they are proven wrong and some of those people can be down right nasty about it too.

:O)

Jerry

• 1 decade ago

i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they don't want to feel defeated. and to them, admitting that they were wrong is admitting defeat. so they continue to uphold what they know they are wrong about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.