if you go to the doctor for a rutine check up can they tell if you have had sex?

like i had sex. and one of my friends told me that the next time i went to the doctor they would know. but usually when i go to the doctors its for sinuese or some cold. im confused. help!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course not unless ,if you were having a pap smear then only if you had just had sex and was swollen or raw from vigorous session. Other than that if everything OK No they couldn't ♥

• 1 decade ago

a gynecologist will be able to tell. If you have never been to the obgyn, when they do your exam they will ask you, and they can tell whether or not hymen is still intact or not, so it is always best to be honest. Plus they can prescribe you birth control so that you can protect yourself from and unwanted pregnancy....but know this, because they typically do not tell you this.....certain antibiotics affect this pill, to the point as to where it is non existent in your body even though you are taking it......also, taking large doses of vitamin c does away with the pill. It is always smart to also use a condom, and spermicide even when you are taking birth control

• 1 decade ago

If you go to a gynecologist for a pelvic exam/Pap smear, and you've recently had ROUGH sex, they might be able to tell.

Otherwise, no, they can't tell. Especially not if you go to a regular dr for a cold or something like that!

• Saria
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

An OB/GYN might be able to tell if their was obvious trauma or a torn hymen. But your regular doctor won't be able to tell by looking at your ears or taking your temperature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if it is with in 72 hours from the time you had sex, and they want a urine sample or a vaginal swab they will see the live sperm swimming under the microscope when they examine it.

• Mark B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If you are there for an everyday reason (not a sexual problem), then it is highly unlikely they would know whether you've had sex or not!

• 1 decade ago

only if you have a pelvic exam

• 1 decade ago

How old r u?..........if your worried about being caught then maybe you ought to re evaluate WHY?.......PLEASE

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

IF THEY GIVE YOU A PAPSMEAR AND YOU DON'T HAVE A HYMEN

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.