How to remove paint?

I need to know how I can get paint off the plastic trim and back of mirror on my suv. They repainted the lines on a road and I didnt know it so now I have paint splatter on my trim. I dont want to scratch it up or cause any kind of damage. Ive heard of something called mineral spirits thats suppose to work on tar, anybody know if it works on paint?

Favorite Answer

nail polish remover

• angie

Take your car in to get buffed. that should take it off do to the fact that every car is covered with clear coat making it difficult for things to really stick to it. besides your car will look great.

I hit my sisters car with a dirt bike and smeared paint all over the front bumper and we got it all off with just rubbing it with the bottoms of our t shirts. I would have to say to try a good buff and then if it don't work, go for the mineral spirits it will soften the paint that is stuck allowing you to get it off.

contact your city's street maintenance department. let them know what happened. also inform them that they need to fix your issue. small claims court if you need to.

mean time, contact a body shop to get the repairs looked at, they may be able to do it pretty easy.

kinda odd question, though, as the paint they use isn't applied thick enough to splatter as you drive thru it, must have been over spray or something....

the best thing to do is use zipo fluid I had the same thing happen with my car too that is what I used and no damage was done and the paint was off.

Source(s): ase cretfide

Get a paint scraper. They can be bought at home depot, or lowes. They are pretty cheap. They are also easy to use.

Ye s it will to a degree.You can use paint thinner but be careful not to take off your own paint.

acetone works on just about everything. you can get it in the same isle at your hardware store that you'll find your mineral spirits

Hi,

You can post your question in http://forum.paintyourlife.com/ forum. There are professional artists that are willing to answer your questions in detail.

Forum have just started, but they are actively seeking questions.

Karl