gay marriages?straight?what is your opinon?

• Chrys
    Favorite Answer

my personal opinion I'm against it. I know people think it's about rights, but a marriage was frmed under God and He's not for it so...............Whatever y'all go have sex with whoever you want to.....not my buisness, but a marriage wont be recognized in the end.

They should allow gays to marry, so they can be "next of kin" in the eyes of the state. Some of the things they cannot do right now because they can't marry:

-Visit each other in the hospital (because they are not "family")

-Make funeral plans and medical decisions for each other

-Avoid inheritance taxes (some lose their home because the taxes are so high).

-Include their partner on their medical insurance.

And some of these "defense of marriage" amendments make it impossible for some to write up wills, trusts, and other contracts that will be honored in court.

Gays already have the same rights as everyone else. Gays may marry anyone of the opposite sex anytime they wish. What they are asking for, however, are "special rights". Just as we have laws against counterfieting money, we have a law against counterfiet marriage. I persoanally could care less how much homosex someone has behind closed doors, however, do not try and call that marariage. Property issues, medical decisons, and the like could all be solved with living wills, so there would be no reason to change the defenition of marriage to include anything except one man and one woman. A tradition and definition that is excepted worldwide.

Marriage should be about two people loving each other. If two straight people can get married just because one got the other pregnant (probably without love, just some one nighter), then two people of the same sex who love each other should be able to get married and have the exact same rights. Love has no gender!!!!

I'm a straight female in favor of gay marriage....if you pay taxes you should have the same rights as other citizens.

• km

NO to SSM

Same- sex "marriage" recognition:

would be a "massive societal leap" into a "darkness" of radical social experimentation, endless litigation and drastic business, economic and public policy reorganization

would radically alter the institution of marriage as we have known it

would be highly unlikely to change gay/lesbian lifestyle patterns

would force churches, synagogues and other religious institutions to either recognize and perform same-sex "marriage" rites or be attacked by gay activists

would perpetuate, and probably intensify, the "gay rights" controversy, on national and local levels

http://www.leaderu.com/jhs/marco.html

+

Since no religion recognises homosexual lifestyle, and marriage is a religous institution, then I have to say no. Besides, a large majority of Americans are against gay marriage. Why should it be forced on them?

I'm happily married and heterosexual. I don't see any reason why gay couples should not get married. I think any happy couple should be able to get married, gay or not. I haven't seen the government come up with one good reason why it's not allowed!

i think it's absolutely hilarious that any gay would even care about their romance being validated by a religious institution that they know is strictly against homosexuality...why do they care about having a religious wedding ceremony when most of them don't even give a crap about religion???...i just don't get it...i have nothing against that if that's what they want...but it makes no sense at all...

marriages have been arranged by families for many generations... it's not until recently and in particularly in western cultures that people can marry whoever they wish, "for love."

if the culture wants to re-define marriage, then include whoever you want. i saw on the news where a lady wanted to marry a dolphin and another to marry a dog.

if you want to keep marriage respectable and normal, one guy, one gal till death.