Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who are the best prospects in baseball (at each position)?

Young qualifies as 26 or under:

Provide a lineup of hitters plus three starting pitchers, and 2 relievers (can be middle, setup, closer, etc.) Here's me example:

Catcher: Rusell Martin

First Base: Prince Fielder

Second Base: Robinson Cano

Third Base: Miguel Cabrera (over David Wright

Shortstop: Jose Reyes (over Hardy and Hanley Ramirez)

Left Field: Carl Crawford

Center Field: Grady Sizemore

Right Field: Delmon Young

Starting Pitcher: Felix Hernandez

Starting Pitcher: Justin Verlander

Starting Pitcher: Cole Hamels

Relief Pitcher: Francisco Rodriguez

Relief Pitcher: Chad Billingsey (because he's been pitching mostly in relief this year)

Update:

Good point, I forgot about Jenks.

Update 2:

And actually prospect doesn't have to be a minor leaguer-every year SI.com does a list of baseball's top 50 prospects-and they don't even have to be young

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

These are prospects. Prospects are either rookies or in the minor leagues and have not spent more than 1 year in the majors.

C- Jarrod Salatalamacchia ATL

1B- Joey Votto CIN

2B- Dustin Pedroia BOS

3B- Alex Gordon KC

SS- Brandon Wood LAA

OF- Andrew McCutcheon PIT

OF- Felix Pie CHC

OF- Cameron Maybin DET

SP- Philip Hughes NYY

SP- Homer Bailey CIN

SP- Matt Garza MIN

SP- Jeff Samardzija CHC

SP- Yovani Gallardo MIL

RP- Jeff Niemann TB

RP- Craig Hansen BOS

• Well prospect means a guy who isn't in the majors or isn't permanently in the majors. The guys you mentioned are proven major leaguers. A prospect is a guy like Justin Upton or Andy LaRoche. A guy like Jarrod Saltalamacchia is an example of a prospect. He is unproven and isn't a fixture right now because there a still talks of him being sent back down. He is still a prospect.

• 1 decade ago

I do not see a single prospect on the list. Most of the players you have listed have been playing in the bigs for three or so years.

Hint: Prospects means AAA/AA players. Not Carl Crawford who has been a full time base stealer since 2003.

• 4 years ago

interior the overdue 70s, the Giants traded shortstop Chris Speier to the Expos for shortstop Tim Foli - a thoroughly pointless, ridiculous and pointless commerce (grew to become out to be lots greater effective for the Expos). playstation - suited one via James there - I forgot approximately that one and the humorous element grow to be each physique concept the Padres have been given the in basic terms right deal on the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

lots of those guys u named are not relly prospects they have been in the league now for a few years and have proven themsleves

C- Jarrod Saltalamacchia

1B-Conor Jackson

2B-Dustin Pedroia

3B-BJ Upton

SS-Hanley Ramirez

OF-Delmon Young

OF-Nick Markakis

OF-Carlos Quentin

SP-Felix Hernandez

SP-John Maine

SP-Justin Verlander

RP-Jonathan Papelbon

RP-Hideki Okajima

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think this is very fair and hardy isnt in the league with reyes and ramirez. what about rickey weeks at 2nd. lastley i think that bobby jenks is great closer and is only 24(i think maybe 26)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.