Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

How do you get rid of moles in your yard?

I think that is what is pushing up the dirt in my yard. Home Depot was no help...any ideas?

Favorite Answer

The best way to get rid of them is to hunt them down and dig them out. What you gotta do is step down the tracks they make and watch for the mole to push them back up. If they're on the move, you should see something happen in 10-15 minutes. After you step the tracks down, you have to stand very still, as they can detect any movements. When they push the dirt back up, cut their path off with a shovelThen simply dig them up and kill them (or throw them in your favorite neighbors yard). Don't buy any chemicals, because even though they may work, they'll end up attracting more moles to your property.

Source(s): Lived in the midwest for 17 years

We had the same problem. The guy in the garden center of a store we visited recommended grub killer. The moles eat the grubs, so if you kill the grubs, the moles go away. I don't remember what it's called, but it comes in a big bag like grass seeds and it kills other insects like fleas and ticks. You can find it in the grass seed section of the store. It works and it lasts for about three months.

By the way, we tried the electronic things you put in the ground, but they didn't work for us.

• Skooz

I had the same problem last year.

I didn't want to kill the critters (they are actually beneficial in that they eat grubs and help aerate the soil) but the stuff I bought to repel them didn't work.

They have not returned this year.

If you can find and remove all the grubs in your yard, that would do a great deal toward getting them to move on.

i heard that if you find a hole that they go in and out of, you should put a small battery operated radio down there. something about the frequency drives them away, plus its the "green" way to go =D