Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How should my relationship with my girlfriend proceed?

I am going to college in two months and my girlfriend is going to be a sophomore in high school. The college I am attending is only an hour from her house, and I will defiintely be able to come home on weekends to see her. We care for each other and we enjoy each other's company. Although we haven't discussed it, I can tell that she doesn't want to break up with me and I don't want to break up with her. What should we do?

Favorite Answer

I've been through one of these things before. If you and her don't want to break up than it's great. It's only an hour away and like you said you can always visit her during the weekend. Of course, you will need a good telephone plan since during the weekdays you two will need to talk on the phone and email as well.

How do you tell her, well, since you and her are gf/bf already, I think things should be very easy to talk about the situation. Just take her out for dinner or etc.. whatever you guys usually do, and have a one on one talk. Don't tell her YOU PLAN to KEEP the relationship. It makes her think that.. you PLAN THIS.. so it wasn't to be? She will go nuts. Just tell her, I will miss you when I go to college, but its alright, its only one hour away and I will promise you that I will come over during the weekends when it isn't exam period. I will call you and you can always come visit me. I love you... You have to make her feel secure... so the couple of day before you leave, rememeber to spend a lot of time with her, so she won't worry so much. This will also help you two bond closer.

That's about it. Keep it simple, don't need to add salt or vinegar to it.

• poplar

merely go refer to her. tell her each and each of the failings you advised us here, like the form you believed that she taken care of you like airborne dirt and dirt. you could come to a decision to be spectacular to her in accordance together with her reaction. see no rely if she sympathizes with you. if not, she is merely too selfish.

stay with her.

talk to her about it and tell her that you wat to be with her even though your in college.

and its only an hour drive.

[: