people eat chocolate covered grasshoppers? would you?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • C. J.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no, I'd probably suck the chocolate off of one, though.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think it is that bad, almost like a chocolate covered pretzel. Just a bit more crunchy and with a few more legs.

In china they eat a lot of grasshoppers. Grasshoppers are a great source of protien and if you fry them they have an excellent taste.

In china there are many bars or restaurants where eating insect larvae is common. Kind of like beer nuts, right?

Source(s): China
  • 1 decade ago

No, I'd be t sad about the grasshopper also, I'm not a big fan of chocolate.

• 1 decade ago

My Mom was born in the 30's and she said during the war, chocolate covered insects was very popular and good.

I am sorry, but I will not eat or try any insect. Gross!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't understand why people would do that when there are so many yummy things you can cover in chocolate----Cherries, strawberries ,bananas,carmel, nougat, peanut butter, rice crispies, marshmallows, mint , butter cream, cookies, Twinkies, graham crackers, cake, ice cream, more chocolate, ahmm my husband.It just doesn't make any since but to each their own.

• 1 decade ago

Only for lots of money...like on fear factor, but on that show, they would probably leave the chocolate off of them....

Ekkk....I just don't think I could do it other than for an extreme situation, and I don't believe that this will ever come up for me....hehhehe...good question though!

• 1 decade ago

Nah, I'm not a grasshopper fan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have before and other chocolate covered insects. I probably wouldn't do it again but it really wasn't that bad so who knows.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have had them... they taste like crunchy chocolate...the grasshoppers have almost no taste.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its chocolate covered, so it just tastes like candy

they even do that with crickets and ants.

if they did it with praying mantis thats too mean.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't eat any insect, I don't care what it's covered in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.