What do u do if a guy says he loves u but u only like him as a friend?

There is this guy that i used to like and we were boyfriend and girlfriend for a couple months but i broke up with him cause i didnt know him that well and i wanted to get to know him more before we got to far into the relationsip. He always is texting me saying that he loves me or asking do u care about me still. But i only like him as a friend.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that you should tell him that you just want to stay friends for now. It is what you want, and, whether we like it or not, the person who doesn't want a relationship is the one who gets his or her way.

It sounds like it is more a matter of not letting go that a matter of you guys belonging together. You tried at one time, and it didn't work. I think taking a break is just what is needed.

So often we end up in a relationship just because we couldn't let go and move on. It isn't a good reason to stay or get back into a relationship. Do the friend thing for now; that is the one that seems to work.

Chao!

• 1 decade ago

go out with him and see if u 2 were meant for each other. maybe you arent sure if u love him because you two have never been more than friends...try it and maybe you'll fall in love with him if not just be honest

~nascar_princess

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you text him,tell him bluntly and firmly,you like him only as a friend.The same way you like Tom,Dick and Harry

• 1 decade ago

Instead of leading him on, tell him that you don't feel the same way, and make sure that he believes you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you should tell him that you don't really know him that well and that you just want to be friends until you know him well and that you don't want to enter into a serious relationship until you are well acquainted with each other.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say that ur sorry but u like him as a friend!

• 1 decade ago

Dont txt it back to him start up a new conversation every time he does that.

• 1 decade ago

instead of telling us lt him know before it gets out of control

• 1 decade ago

don't say it back,trust me. he'll take it the wrong way.

• 1 decade ago

Be honest with him. DON'T lead him on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.