What do u do if a guy says he loves u but u only like him as a friend?

There is this guy that i used to like and we were boyfriend and girlfriend for a couple months but i broke up with him cause i didnt know him that well and i wanted to get to know him more before we got to far into the relationsip. He always is texting me saying that he loves me or asking do u care about me still. But i only like him as a friend.

Favorite Answer

I think that you should tell him that you just want to stay friends for now. It is what you want, and, whether we like it or not, the person who doesn't want a relationship is the one who gets his or her way.

It sounds like it is more a matter of not letting go that a matter of you guys belonging together. You tried at one time, and it didn't work. I think taking a break is just what is needed.

So often we end up in a relationship just because we couldn't let go and move on. It isn't a good reason to stay or get back into a relationship. Do the friend thing for now; that is the one that seems to work.

Chao!

go out with him and see if u 2 were meant for each other. maybe you arent sure if u love him because you two have never been more than friends...try it and maybe you'll fall in love with him if not just be honest

~nascar_princess

When you text him,tell him bluntly and firmly,you like him only as a friend.The same way you like Tom,Dick and Harry

Instead of leading him on, tell him that you don't feel the same way, and make sure that he believes you.

you should tell him that you don't really know him that well and that you just want to be friends until you know him well and that you don't want to enter into a serious relationship until you are well acquainted with each other.

I would say that ur sorry but u like him as a friend!

Dont txt it back to him start up a new conversation every time he does that.

instead of telling us lt him know before it gets out of control

don't say it back,trust me. he'll take it the wrong way.

Be honest with him. DON'T lead him on.