why are the democrats so anti-morality ?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
It's not like they're humping underage teenage pages. Or going to jail for corruption charges. Don't you remember GOP's corruption lost them Congress in Nov, 2006?
So GOP not only have corruption problem, but also have short term memory I guess.
- joecool123_usLv 51 decade ago
According to Kohlbergs theory of moral development, there are six stages of moral development.
Stage one believes that: -"might makes right"
-ones motive is to avoid punishment
-There is no difference between ones own interest and that of authority.
Stage 6, by contrast, believes in :
-Universal ethical principles
-ones motive is to live with integrity
-some principles such as justice, equality, and dignity, apply regardless of law or social agreement.
The rest of the stages range between the top and bottom two. My point is, perhaps the democrats, liberals, etc with whom you are aligned against are not "anti-morality" but are rather living at a different stage of moral development.Source(s): Communication Ethics Course Also, you can look up Kohlbergs theory of moral development.
- ?Lv 61 decade ago
Anti is not really the word. It is a basic part of their thinking that everything is only a matter of opinion. If this is granted there can be no right or wrong, no definite moral rules.
- barry cLv 41 decade ago
For the most part they are not anti-morality. They are just so TOLERANT they will allow anything. God forbid they hurt someones feelings. It is good to let a child put his hand on a hot stove? At some point there has to be discipline or you have immorality and anarchy.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Anti-Morality as compaired to?
descriptively to refer to a code of conduct put forward by a society or,
some other group, such as a religion, or
accepted by an individual for her own behavior or
normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.
this is a description of morality, now should we talk about who is rational?
- ambientdiscordLv 51 decade ago
because republicans have declared themselves the morality police and then declared democrats the moral criminals. but wait when you go down the list the republicans are guilty of far more of their own rules than democrats! but who needs rules?
- dryheatdaveLv 61 decade ago
WHAT ON EARTH DO YOUR MORAL VALUES HAVE TO DO WITH ME & what do mine have to do with you - nothing.
legislating morality means imposing some persons moral values (likely reinforced by their religious views) on 300 million people.
Q. Do you need laws to live according to your morals ? I don't. I don't expect anyone else to live by my values. As a buddhist I aim to kill no living thing. If I was president I would order all our troops home from everywhere overseas & dismantle the majority of the armed forces - that is based on MY moral values - are you OK with that ?
Live your own life to the best of your ability & stop trying to impose your will on the rest of us :-(
- 1 decade ago
Are you referring to good morals, such as giving money to people who need it. Or morales such as going to war and throwing away money. Because democrats are opposed to one of those situations.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
That's pretty stereotypical. A lot of us have good morals.
- koalatcomicsLv 71 decade ago
it stems from the clinton i feel your pain or feel good politics. its all about public opinion polls. as long as they have made an impression reality rarely figures into it. consider how many people are willing and ready to forget the real result of the clinton administration to get eight more years of hillary
- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court
it baffles me sometimes but pt barnum put it best..there is one born every minute.