HELP! My ipod is frozen. I tried everything on the apple website and it's still not working!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

It's an ipod nano third generation and it just studdenly froze on a screen while i was scrolling up and down on a playlist. HELP!

thank you everyone yes i am not stupid (lolz) I did my research and tried the whole toddle the hold button and press those other buttons... there is like a gazillion ways to do it which I've tried. I also tired to plug it it and hit the restore button, but it didn't work, it just said there was a problem with the restore process. But thank you everyone so much for your comments... the battery is currently dying, i hope that will work... if not I'll call apple as some of you suggested. Thank you all so much!!!! You all helped loads... you have no idea... and thx for telling me not to freak! lolz

Favorite Answer

im not sure if it will work the same because i have an ipod nano but that happened to me once. what i did was just let the battery die. then you charge it again and when you turn it on again it should work

Hold the center and the menu button at the same time for a couple of seconds. This will reset the iPod. If that doesn't work call Apple!

Oblivisly you didnt search

http://ipodlinux.org/Key

1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generations

This is the one you want :)

Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and play buttons.

THis is to put your ipod in the computer so you can go in itunes and stuff

Disk Mode: Immediately hold down the rewind and fast forward buttons as the iPod reboots.

If nono of the above works do this to see whats wrong with your ipod

Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind, Fast Forward, and Select buttons as the iPod reboots.

Go Here to see the buttons to push

http://ipodlinux.org/images/a/ac/Reboot.jpg

dont freak- it is fine-- just move the hold switch on top back and fourth then hold center and menu button for six seconds-- apple should appear- then well... enjoy!

well im sure your ipod batteries will die in a few hours so then recharge and its unfrozen ;D

plug it 2 ur computer. it mite work.