Why do creationists say the flood is true, but dismiss the rest of the old testement?

Have you guys even read the old testement? Bad, bad stuff.

Favorite Answer

*************NEWS FLASH!!!!! NEWS FLASH!!!!**************

History if full of "bad, bad stuff". The bible contains history. So what did you expect?

I have read the entire Bible, actually, and the Old Testament isn't bad in the least. What particularly you refer to, I don't know, but I'm confident I can explain any "issue" you see there. Perhaps it's God ordering the slaughter of entire groups of people. In that case, research those groups and you'll find that they are by no means innocent, research the culture of the area and you'll learn that if God allowed the children to live, they would rise up and continue to terrorize the Israelites. That's the culture of revenge the Middle East has, it still does, just look at Palestine and Israel, attacks are regularly claimed as revenge for some other attack, and so it goes on.

• justa

Certainly the more interesting of the two testament, its a virtual soap opera of intrigue, sex, power and lots of good stuff. Almost every group of people have a flood story in their creation story. Its actually assumed to have happened.

Christians in general believe the New Testament supersedes the Old, and that the coming of the Messiah fulfilled their prophecies.

It does make me wonder why Fred Phelps isn't out in front of Red Lobster restaurants with a sign that says "GOD HATES POPCORN SHRIMP - Leviticus 11:9".

• Which old testament; the unscriptural one (Genesis-Malachi) or the scriptural one (the law of Moses)?

Yeah it's definitely not something children should read. Rated R for sure.

I don't understand.

ya,no.