Jess asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Does it hurt when i get spacers put in?? Does it hurt when you get braces on? How long after does it hurt?

8 days till braces. 4 days till spacers.

• rawr.
    Favorite Answer

the spacers do not hurt at all

it hurts way more when u are an adult because as a kid ur teeth are growing so they can move aorund unlike adult teeth which are all firm so u are lucky

***pink and light blue are cute colors

***NEVER get white or clear bands cause white looks like food is stuck in ur braces and clear like it u eat ketchup or a lollipop or somethin, they stain

***they put the bands, and then every time u go back u get to choose new colors

k

i have gotton em on over 6 times (dont ask!)

it doesnt hurt dont worry-it is just a long process and it tastes kinda bad

they give u a band on ur molars fiist, to see ur size and stuff

first theu put this positioner thing is ur mouth, it makes your mouth stretch a lkot so they can see ur teeth, it will bother u for a minute or 2 but u will get used to it, u keep that thing on the WHOLE time

then there are these things that look like shots and stuff, i got really freaked out when i first saw them but actually, they dont go in ur mouth! this is the cement that they put on ur braces then they stick the braces on ur teeth

**the cement kinda tastes bad!

then they will put the rubber bands on ur braces with things that look like sisscors (they dont hurt) after that they put the wire-this is the most anoying part cause after they slip it in ur mouth, they have to cut it to make it fit right

then that is it!Ur done

but after u do it, ask ur doctor for dental wax, and rubber cover up

when u get home use ACT mouthwash and for the first hour, ur teeth may be a little numb so drink mainly fluids-clear fluids

then for the first day or 2 ur teeth may be a little sensitive so stick with eating soup, pasta, and soft foods-avoid straws

every night use Peroxyl mouthwash for like a week to keep ur gums storng from cuts and use dental wax and rubber coverups so u wont get blisters, they hurt a little but arent that bad. avoid sleeping on ur side, try to keep ur head straight up for a couple of days

every morning and every night use the Peroxyl mouthwash again for 2 weeks then after that just use ACT mouthwash to keep ur teeth and gum s healthy. get some Super floss, made for braces-i sugest elictrical toothbrushes they keep ur mouth cleaner

dont worry-trust me- i have had my braces on for almost 4 years, i am gettin em off on July 3-my friend says it acutally hurts more to get em off so yea

I didnt use spacers but I did get my braces today...I've had them for 7 hours now Lol. Anyways,when they're putting your braces on & stuff..it doesnt hurt.Dont believe what the other users say about "it hurted a lot when they put them on"..etc.

But like a few hours later...you'll feel a small ache.Like for me,I got them on around 10:45 AM.It'll take about 1 hour.Then like 2 PM I ate lunch and when u bite,the ache will start.Then I brushed my teeth & it took me a while cuz I had to floss & stuff.The floss they give u is different than the one u should use regulary.The increase of the pain depends on how hard u brush...so be gentle...Right now it's 6:45 ish...it hurts a little bit more.But it's not like a "OMG!! I want 2 take them off!" type of pain...But dont worry.It'll all be worth it at the end.U'll see... : ]

Source(s): Me...? Lol

i would say it doesn't hurt. I had braces for 3 years. it is a sore feeling. you will be a little sore when you get them put on and every month when you go to get the braces tightened. it last about a day or two take advil and you will be ok. just think the pay off will be that you have beautiful teeth in the end.

Um when i got my spacers it didnt really hurt they where just always in the way... and my braces the first time... um they hurt a little and then you are pretty sore after my advice is to take some motrin before you go into to get them on... and eat like ice cream after it feels great... hope it helps...:]

Source(s): Had them for 6 years.

my spacers didnt hurt. they were just annoying...felt like i had food stuck in my teeth. getting braces on didnt hurt at all!! after having them on your teeth feel "pressured" like tight..haha it feels good acutally. although the next day your teeth will be sore from moving, they even might be loose a little....advil, works wonders!! that pain shouldnt really last more than a day or two, and it only hurts when you try to chew something

• Dann

-doesn't hurt when they put it on.

-pressure at the very most but no pain

-after that day maybe hurts to bite for a while because ur teeth shifted, maybe for a couple weeks

-never had "spacers"

-dont forget to brush