What type of eating disorder would cause a person to not eat at all?

My friend gets so hungry he sits down to this large meal, but, he only eats two bites. It's really bothering him that everytime he eats he throws up. He dosn't make himself throw up. He just does. He's losing weight at a rapid pase, he should be around 130lbs, but he's down to 105. What could this be?

Favorite Answer

its obviously not bullimia(sp) because that is forcing yourself to throw up after GORGING. and its obviously not anorexia. because thats starving yourself. its not AIDS either..because that is an immunodeficieny. it has nothing to do with not being able to eat. if you TRY to eat and you just get sick after one or two bites and feel really full. theres a definately problem. doctor ASAP

That happened to my friend also. It really scared her. It seemed to just blow over after about a week. She started building herself up to bigger meals. I wish I knew how to help her more. I felt like there was nothing I could do for her, which is the worst feeling in the world. I wish both of y'all the best of luck.

If he's not bulimic and forcing himself to throw up, then it's really weird that his body is making him do that on its own. It's also really scary what weight he is down to. I would get him to a doctor soon.

he could be bulimic or anorexic but if he throws up because he gets sick after he eats or constantly feels sick he could also have something like a stomach ulcer. if he's certain it's not something psychological like an eating disorder he should prollly see a GI specialist.

anorexia. not bulimia because that is vomitting after eating by using laxatives.

take hm to see a doctor.

plus counselling is a must for EDs (eating disorders) like this.

• jessie

Bulimia - if he doesn't eat a lot then throw up... If he really wasnt doing it on purpose - he should go to the doctor. If he's unwilling to go, you know hes lying.

It is possible he has a legitimate medical condition. He needs to see a doctor.

Anorexia is when a person refuses, or may hide that they are not eating.

it might be anerexia. see a doctor

• Joe L

He may have aids.