How many people have gone to the ' authorities ' with real, legitimate?

crime concerns only to be rebuffed or had the situation minimized and markedly no action taken?

Favorite Answer

This happened to me one time. I saw a person try to steal the tire off my car - his car had a flat tire. The police caught the guy a block away - when I talked to them about laying charges, they told me they couldn't - even though I could identify his distinctive clothes and car with the flapping flat tire, because I couldn't see his face it wouldn't be good enough. One of the few times I've ever lost my cool and told an authority figure off.

This happens all the time.

Law enforcement has to determine the stated concerns of citizens when presented. And they are not always followed up by an investigation.

Law enforcement always has to weigh the urgency of an issue before deciding to commit the staff to act on a citizen's concerns.

Don't be discouraged and continue to report.

• netjr

Nope; but then I was on the 911 phone system with bullets flying at me so they got there in about 3 minutes.

I called when my car was broken into and no one seemed to care.