How does Lipton Tea rank in quality?

I heard Lipton Tea was cheap and not as good as more specialized tea that's out there. Is this true? Is the quality not as good?

Favorite Answer

It seels the most, but to me, it is not the best. I will drink Lipton if I have no alternative, but I generally keep a bag of PG Tips to have on hand for emergencies.

Lipton has several different grades of tea. The good stuff is good. The cheap stuff is cheap.

Lipton ranks below Tetley but above Red Rose.

if you are talking tea bags, there's nothing wrong with the brand. It's a popular brand which makes the mainstream teas (iced tea, instant , green, black etc). I think they cater more to business and dab a little bit in household products. But as far a quality, there's nothing wrong with Lipton. I prefer other brands like Celestial Seasonings or Tazo.

I would say that Lipton is the Starbuck's of tea's... mass produced and generally not as good. However, it's quick and get's the job done. There are higher quality teas though:-)

• Max

It's the best selling tea in the world. That should speak for itself.