what can I do with an overcooked roast? any ideas on tenderizing it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Shred it - use two forks to pull it apart; add BBQ sauce until thoroughly coated and you have a great BBQ'd meat for sandwiches - serve it with mustard potato salad and sweet tea. Yum!

• 4 years ago

A pot roast could desire to be cooked at as low a temperature as plausible with a view to maintain it moist and function it finally end up falling-aside soft. in case you do it on suitable of the range, you cook dinner it in water this is basically fairly simmering, for no less than 2 hours ( with onion and a bay leaf and maybe a pair of allspice seeds. No salt. you may upload potatoes and carrots interior the a million/2, meaning the water will cool off for a collectively as, so which you're able to desire to upload yet another a million/2 hour or 40 5 minutes, or so .) So, meaning the temperature of the water could desire to be basically approximately 211 or 212 stages, and no warmer. yet another element you're able to do to help seal interior the juices (besides no longer making use of salt and cooking it low and sluggish) is to shake it in a plastic bag of flour and positioned it in hottish oil in a skillet for a couple of minutes on the two edge (I do the perimeters too). which could help seal the exterior of the beef and save the juices interior. i think of you basically had your dutch oven on too warm for a pot roast, and that's why it curled up and dried. that's as executed because it is going to be. Sorry it have been given dried up.

• 1 decade ago

I shred it up and heat it in a can of beef broth, and then I saute some peppers and onions and make home made Philly Beef & Swiss hoagies with it! mmmmm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Break it apart, shred, and add lots of good bbq sauce. Heat until tender.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bratt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

if you have potatoes,carrots and onions,gravy-make hash out of it.Throw it all into a skillet and cook til thoroughly heated.Otherwise,maybe add some beef consomme or broth,heat up and throw in some noodles with it.

• 1 decade ago

cut it up put it in a pot with some potatoes carrots whatever else you like with some beef broth and make a stew.

• 1 decade ago

put it in some water and boil it until it falls apart with a fork, spice it up more if you need to..use it on burritos or tacos or put it on some potatoe wedges...hope it helps

• 1 decade ago

Shred it and put some salsa on it and make delicious burritos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.