Accidentally touching the laser of a cd/dvd burner on a laptop?

Hi guys, I was burning cds on my new laptop.. and when I took the cd out, I forgot to close the drive and I put my hand down and it touched the laser. Do you think anything it is messed up now, or the quality of the laser has decreased?

Favorite Answer

Althought touching the laser of the burner is not recommended, it cannot severely damage it unless you clean it, I recommend using Windex on a Qtip and rub one end on the laser, and drying it with the other end. In short, your laser is not severly damaged, it will not affect your burner's overall quality.

• boarts

first of all, drop the 'pc Hunter's ' act. you're initiating to sound like those green human beings on those labeled commercials. 2nd, get unibody macbook. The baseline sort is quite good in spite of the reality that it basically has 2gb of ram. It has the constructive components u choose like webcam, dvd force/burner. Plus it comes a loose enhancing softwares so which you will edit your photos or video clips. And in case you easily could run living house windows applications you may set up living house windows xp on the macbook utilising bootcamp assistant. 0.33, the cost in line with threat in simple terms a splash a issue. yet be concerned no longer on condition that apple has a particular promoting presently for faculty pupils ( while you're nonetheless reading), the army low value ( if your are serving), or you may verify the refurbished device section for one. you may saved as much as $3 hundred. Fourth, forgive me if I appeared like a fanboy, yet evaluate the alternative. in case you fairly can no longer arise with the money for it, then i propose save saving up in the direction of one. considering's what i did from a three hundred and sixty 5 days in the past until eventually ultimately i ultimately offered my macbook professional. have faith me it's going to be properly worth it. For those trolls that say macs is all with regard to the type. they actually could easily use the device for a on an identical time as until eventually now judging it by utilising this is conceal.

You might have messed it up, They are touchy things, trying burning a cd again and see what happens. If not you can always buy a new one. But i'm going to say you should be okay.

There shouldn't be a problem.

If it causes problems (i.e. can't play CDs or gives errors recording), take a Q-tip and soak it in Windex (ammonia based cleaner) and *very* lightly rub the lens clean.

.

It should still work if not clean it carefully with computer pressurized cleaner.or clean it with a q-tip and then blast the lenses with air it should be ok if not contact your doctor for further instructions.

not yet but open it again and with a cotton bud(qtip?)clean your fingerprint off the lens with methylated spirits or eyeglass cleaner and allow to dry

if its dirty u can put 1 drop of alcohol and let it dry it will clear the dirt from the center