How do I string a guitar using Earthwood nylon classic ball-end strings?

I just bought some but I have no idea how to string my guitar. Can someone please help?

Favorite Answer

The main difference between the ball end strings and the regular ones is the tying part.

First place the string through the hole at the bridge.

Second place the ball with about an inch and half of string left.

Third tie a very tight knot with what's left of the string and secure it very tightly (Make sure that the knot not too small for it could go throught the ball end's hole.)

After that you can tune it just as the regular strings.

Hope this helps!

Yes will totally change how it sounds - and more importantly it's a really bad idea. I'm assuming this is at least a halfway decent guitar that was built for steel strings. If it's such total junk you can't set it up properly with steel strings, you should get a better instrument to learn on. There's nothing worse than trying to learn on junk - don't do it. Even if it's playable, it will sound terrible... soft and weak, and it will not stay in tune. If your teacher doesn't realize that - he/she is not really a guitarist and you should find a new teacher who actually plays the guitar professionally. Piano teachers and grade-school music teachers often don't know what they're talking about when it comes to the guitar - they barely play themselves or just enough to strum a few chords. They're not going to teach you much anyway. Sorry folks if I ruffled any music teachers' feathers - I'm just keepin' it real. Unless you've played GUITAR professionally and/or studied GUITAR in college... you're probably not qualified to teach it to kids. Back to the guitar. Steel string guitars are built differently than nylon string guitars. The top is braced differently for much higher tension steel strings, the neck is set differently, and most importantly the bridge and nut are slotted differently. Nylon strings are thicker, and will require re-slotting the bridge and nut in order for them to work - and once you do that, you can't go back. You'll wind up paying twice - once to set it up for nylon... and again to set it back up for steel, which will require a new nut and new bridge saddle when you do. There is a type of string called "Silk and Steel" that is sort of a compromise that could work on your guitar without a whole lot of changes. You could try those - worst you'd be out would be $7-8. I have done those for beginners as a quick-fix, but always with the idea that they need a better instrument ASAP. What I would do instead - take the guitar to a decent set-up person. Any music store that sells guitars and deals with GUITAR PLAYERS (don't go to a piano store) will have somebody good. They'll give you an assessment of the situation for free, and if they can help you a total set-up will only run maybe $50 unless there are structural repairs. If that's the case - they'll tell you straight up. What I would do is have them set up the guitar with the lightest set of steel strings possible, and the lowest action possible. That will make it much easer to play.. when you get better you may decide to put heavier strings back on or raise the action a little for more "thump" -- or you might like to keep it low for ease -of- playing. But the main thing to take home... find yourself a guitar shop that caters to players, and that has a set-up guy who will give you the straight story. Every college town has a shop like that, as does every major city. I'm not talking about "GuitarCenter" or "Musicians Friend" - I'm talking small shops that buy and sell guitars only. We guitarists stick together. Good luck.