Rachel
Lv 7
Rachel asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Name a movie (or two) that you didn't expect to be good, but turned out to be absolutely amazing?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Life is Beautiful... I didn't believe all the hype over it but after I saw it... GREAT movie.

Also, Apocalypto. I know there are a lot of people who didn't like it, I expected not to, but man, I loved it. The camera work was incredible, the acting was great, the visuals were amazing and the story was compelling. I just all around loved it.

• 1 decade ago

Islands in the Stream, Mosquito Coast. First starred George C. Scott, got poor reviews, the second was Harrison Ford. Also poor reviews, but it was his personal fav.

They, especially the first, are extremely hard to find. But I'll remember Scott's most famous lines (as written by Hemingway). 'When I thought about what was true, I realized, that it was all true'. To me it means truth is relative to everyone, in terms of relationships anyway. Very much an autobiography of Hemingway's life. Try to find it. Cheers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Matrix, The Sixth Sense, and Batman Begins

• 1 decade ago

In America

Rabbit Proof Fence

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Armageddon

Troy

Master and Commander

Source(s): mho
  • Jynn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Frailty

Boondock Saints

• 1 decade ago

The first is the picture of your aviator, (just kidding), really, I would have to say The Green Mile and then the Shawshank Redemption, I hate Stephen King books, but those two movies were great.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A Beutiful Mind, with Russel Crow.

• 1 decade ago

A recent movie that i went to see was Knocked up, I thought that the movie was going to br terrible but I laughed so much throughout the whole thing.

• 1 decade ago

I'm a 13 year old girl and am REALLY impressed by Spiderman3!! I mean really, who would that would be good!?

Also the movie Flyboys! My dad wanted to see it and none of the rest of the family did and now it's just about my fav movie!!

Everyone MUST go see these two movies!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.