Rachel
Rachel asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Name a movie (or two) that you didn't expect to be good, but turned out to be absolutely amazing?

Favorite Answer

Life is Beautiful... I didn't believe all the hype over it but after I saw it... GREAT movie.

Also, Apocalypto. I know there are a lot of people who didn't like it, I expected not to, but man, I loved it. The camera work was incredible, the acting was great, the visuals were amazing and the story was compelling. I just all around loved it.

Islands in the Stream, Mosquito Coast. First starred George C. Scott, got poor reviews, the second was Harrison Ford. Also poor reviews, but it was his personal fav.

They, especially the first, are extremely hard to find. But I'll remember Scott's most famous lines (as written by Hemingway). 'When I thought about what was true, I realized, that it was all true'. To me it means truth is relative to everyone, in terms of relationships anyway. Very much an autobiography of Hemingway's life. Try to find it. Cheers.

The Matrix, The Sixth Sense, and Batman Begins

In America

Rabbit Proof Fence

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Armageddon

Troy

Master and Commander

Source(s): mho
  • Jynn

Frailty

Boondock Saints

The first is the picture of your aviator, (just kidding), really, I would have to say The Green Mile and then the Shawshank Redemption, I hate Stephen King books, but those two movies were great.

A Beutiful Mind, with Russel Crow.

A recent movie that i went to see was Knocked up, I thought that the movie was going to br terrible but I laughed so much throughout the whole thing.

I'm a 13 year old girl and am REALLY impressed by Spiderman3!! I mean really, who would that would be good!?

Also the movie Flyboys! My dad wanted to see it and none of the rest of the family did and now it's just about my fav movie!!

Everyone MUST go see these two movies!!