Whts wrong having sex in the car???

This girl whos not my g/f and i happen to like each other a lot, but we both have have some else, and we constantly have a back seat love...one of my friends told if we get caught we can go to jail for 10 years...we had too many close call by the police. its true u can go to jail for that???

Favorite Answer

No, nothing will happen. The most you would get is a warning and you'll provide the squad room with a good laugh.

The people who said that it constitutes lewd or lavisicious behaviour in public are wrong. The inside of a car is not a public place even if it is parked in a public place. Under the law, inside your car you have the expectation of privacy. Furthermore lewd and lavicsious behaviour requires intent to expose the behavior to an audience, which again does not apply unless you are selling tickets for people to watch in the front seat. The fact is you are not breaking any law.

If you did do something like that in a crowded parking lot where passerbys might see, what would happen is that the police would bring you in to see if you have any wants or warrants, a judge would sign a 24 hour paper allowing them to keep you for 24 hours or 48 hours in lock-up if it is the weekend. When they find you aren't wanted for anything they would let you go. That is how they would dissuade you and encourage you to find a more private place to park the car, but no charges would ever be laid.

Your friend is thinking of the new "John" laws to discourage johns from hiring prostitutes and doing the deed in the car. Even then the maximum sentence is two to six months county jail time, you don't even go to prison. Most Johns get a suspended sentence, their picture in the paper and community service.

The worst thing that will happen is that your friends will wonder why you don't spring for a hotel or at least somewhere where you are less likely to be caught. But some people like the back seat because of the excitement of possibly getting caught.

Source(s): former reporter

Laws vary. Some places it might be indecent exposure. I would advise you to research your local and state statutes. Also, do not do this in National Park or on federal land, because crimes committed there are treated much more severely because of federal jurisdiction.

Basically, yes, you could go to jail, but not ten years for a first offense, or be sentenced to probation or community service. Or you could get a warning. Why risk it, though? Save your money for a hotel room or something.

• Mami

There Is nothing wrong with having sex in the back seat of your car but If the cops catch you, you might get a ticket for indecency exposure.

Source(s): I've done It a couple of times and I never got caught.

You wont go to jail for ten years. Depending on where you are and the mood of the cop he (or she) might just let you go. The worse you'll get is a citation (ticket)

Source(s): At least the cop let me finish. And incidently, he let me off with a speach.

We've done it 2x.

Once in a parking lot in a suburban movie theater. (They had this parking garage, so we drove up the 8th floor, and did it in the back our our SUV.

Second time - we were on vacation and in the Mojavie desert, we pulled over, and make love in the rental car, and then went out and make love in the sand. Ah...those were good times.

Go ahead and do it! Hell, you only live once!

You can get arrested for indecent exposure or lewd and lascivious acts for having sex anywhere where the public can see you, including in a car.

Bet your Beamer smells like Booty.

Not unless she is underage or you are being an exhibiotionist.. It does show that you don't have much class.. Can't you find a better spot than in a car?

you can go to jail for indecent exposure.....but for 10 years?? lol try like a over nighter

I don't know if you can go to jail, but please don't ever let me sit in the back seat of your car.

never heard of the jail part but it sounds FUN!