Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Does Mcafee Total prtoection slow down you computer?

Does anyone who has the software think it slowed down the computer? It would be really helpful if you could tell me how much memory it takes, it probably says on the box but I haven't bought it yet.

Favorite Answer

It's all about "foot prints". Yes, Mcafee will slow down your system. Foot prints, meaning: how deep is your software walking through the snow (slowing your system) and Mc and Norton tread rather heavily, so again the answer to your question is "yes".

The lightest foot print I know of is NOD32, but I cannot answer the other part of your question: memory used, as it varies...much less with Nod 32. I do not represent or am paid by NOD32, I use it cause I have found it to be the best.

• All of the anti-virus, etc., softwares slow down the computer. It probably is not noticable unless playing video-style games, or trying to surf the web.

Mine sometimes stops me from getting onto Yahoo!

Source(s): computer life
  • jack

I think everyone will agree that mcafee is bloatware disguised in a anti virus box...

• Butt

No it doesn't slow it.It's good.Not had a thing get through and i

run Adaware as well.You can get it for over $40 cheaper from

their site.

Mcafee suck's!it SLOWS YOU DOWN!!!!!to much!!!!

it works good on my computer, no problems at all