How do I tell a girl that I don't want to be friends anymore?

I've been friends with a girl since seventh grade [just finished ninth grade] and I've been friends with a lot of my other friends for just as long. This girl, though, is rather annoying and just isn't that great of a friend. Another friend of mine who has known the first friend for much longer than I have doesn't relaly like her anymore, either.

The only reason I really hang out with this girl any more is because I feel obligated. She always just assumes that she's invited to everyone's parties and that seems to trouble some of my other friends as well as me.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I should do. Should I tell her 'look, I just don't want to be friends anymore'? Or should I just stop inviting her to things or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

I would just stop inviting her - why hurt her feelings so much by directly telling her?

that happened to me.i hated her cuz i thought she was a lesbo,so i did pranks to her like i put red food coloring on her chair,and i stole sum of her stuff.then i told her it was me,she started crying A LOT! and she snitched,and i lied to the teacher so i didn't get in trouble.and now she's gone!

hmm..i personally would tell her so i can just get it over with, but you could also stop hanging around her & maybe she'll get the clue.

but honesty is the best policy as they say!

Look home boy!

Source(s): The best thing you can do for this "friend" is to be honest with her and tell her how u feel. Honesty is the key and your happiness matters more. U shouldnt live a unhappy life to comfort some one else. Ur too young. Enjoy life!

just tell her if you keep letting it go on its going to get harder for you to tell her!