VDJ44 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

The rule is not to wash curly hair everyday-but what if you use products, shouldn't they be washed out?

I've always heard you shouldn't wash you hair everyday-only condition it (especially curly/damaged hair). But I'm afraid since I use products on my hair everyday, if I don't shampoo it, it'll look nasty with so much built up product, and may even weight down my curls. Any advice? Thanks!

I do use Aveda Damage Remedy 1-2 times per week. I prefer Aveda and Redken products, which I'm definitely happy with, but when curly hair is damaged it looks horrible, so I'm just trying to cover all of my bases here :)

Favorite Answer

I also have naturally curly hair. I "wash" my hair every day I just don't use shampoo. When I get in the shower I scrub my scalp and hair and rinse and then I use conditioner. My hair tangles too much if I do not use conditioner, but I do not over condition, that will dry your hair out. I only use shampoo once or twice a week. For a little help I use a leave in conditioner on the ends and throughout my hair, but keep it away from my scalp to reduce any oily build up. Hope this helps

I have a perm and actually my curls look better when I don't was my hair everyday. I just spritz it with a water bottle in the morning and scrunch. Actually washing it everyday dries it out. Don't worry about build up it all washes out. I have used head and shoulders for years and every person that has permed my hair said it was in great condition. Heck one day I used two strippers and seven dyes in my hair and it was fine. Also use a lite hair spray. Like White Rain (pearberry boost). It does not leave a residue. And do not use curling products with milk or leave in conditioner it weighs hair down. I use a gel Garnier fructis curl shaping spray gel. I also use their curl and shine conditioner and once a week use Infusuim 23, 3 minute treatment. It boost my curls. At times I go 3 days without washing my hair. It looks fine and curly.

Source(s): Myself. I get a perm every year f(or the past 30 years).

Shampoo and condition three times a week. You need to because if you shampoo your hair everyday it will strip the natural oils of your hair which will cause your hair to be dry and damaged. If you want your hair to be managable, deep condition once a week, and use a product like a leave in creme/leave-in-conditioner for healthy managable curls.

I reccomend shampooing and conditioning with Herbal Essences None Of Your Frizzness. Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine.

GarnierFructis.com

HerbalEssences.com

Shampoo your hair every other day, and use conditioner everyday. Since you say you use a lot of hair products, you should use a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks, it will help get rid of product build up, and you won't have to wash your hair everyday and dry out your curls.

Source(s): ps. conditioner has cleansing properties.

I have naturally wavy hair, that if I apply product its curly. I also wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner everyday and I do not have any problems with build up, or the "natural oils" being removed. I strongly recommend John Freida shampoos and conditioners. I started using it about 6 months ago and my hair has never been so healthy.

I was my curly hair every other day.. I use product too, but I don't have the problem of the built-up product..My problem is more of a loss of curl definition.. I guess it depends on how much product you use and your hair texture..For second-day hair, I will usually just restyle my hair with water to get my curl definition back.

Yeah, apparently the conditioner is enough to clean your hair, but that doesn't work for me, because my roots get oily. I have curly hair, and I wash my hair everyday. I just use a gentle shampoo. Any gentle shampoo is fine, but baby shampoo is best. If you can, wash it every other day, but if your hair is getting gross....yes. Wash it!

• keva

you may desire to bathe it to get that chlorine out of your hair. so i pick to recommend you difficulty it each and every time you wash your hair. the only reason washing ur hair general could get broken is with the help of the fact its dropping each and each of the moisture. so shamooo it and moisturize it and you'd be super. in case you nonetheless insist on not desirous to bathe it general merely use dry shampoo(i admire Dove's dry shampoo) and wash it another. and dont forget to place the cap in the previous u swim.

Use light products that don't weigh down hair so much. And, if you get in the shower and just condition it, a lot of the excess product will rinse out anyway. Also, combing hair instead of brushing it will cut down on a lot of the breakage too.