Do you buy organic or locally grown produce, or go for the best price?

Would you pay more for healthier food? Do you buy locally grown vegetables and fruits or get the cheapest ones? Or doesn't it matter to you where the food comes from or how it was grown?

Favorite Answer

I love organic but the price turns me off.

so some things organic like

milk

eggs

beef

tomatos

spinach

bell peppers

and other things not unless they are on sale

btw

organic milk lasts way longer than regular milk and therefore in our house where it often sits in the fridge a week or two its a better deal 'cause we dont have to throw it out

I've never heard that buying local items other than food is good for the environment, but maybe it's better for the economy? I don't live in the USA so I wouldn't be able to help you out there, but I don't suggest making your own soap. My friend did it and it did not turn out well :)

I buy organic, and pay the higher price (but all foods that say they are organic are not always 100% organic)

Locally grown if available, otherwise best price.

i usually go for the best price although i also look at the quality of the product.

Usually best price.

i go for the look quality & price & i've noticed organic doesnt fit the bill. it's just a name

I just grab whatever is on the shelf at the supermarket.

I'm frugal... best price wins