yav asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 1 decade ago

do you think it is acceptable to have kids without marriage?

Favorite Answer

YES Children needs good caring parents not marriage certificate!

I have a son almost 5 . i am 24 i dont live with the father and i was not married to him. but me and him are still good friend. We broke up and he went his way I dealt with it and raised my boy on my own. My sons real father pays child support and take his son few months to stay with him. I have been with my current partner for5 years now, he adores my son and my son calls him daddy . we aren't married. But Soon we might.

Source(s): Mr Anchor why wouldn't you want a child like that?Child is a child for gods sake!

I find it perfectly acceptable. If mother and father are together and loving eachother i see no problem at all. There are some children who have married parents who are not happy together,quarrelling everyday,insulting eachother. Or living some forced marriages ad having children because they are forced to do so. What child needs is not a two married parent what child needs is two loving and happy parents.

It's becoming more commonplace. I would prefer to have kids with someone who is going to stick around and raise them but marriage is becoming something of a "old fashioned" type of idea nowadays.

The answer to that has to do with my feelings about children, marriage, and sex. So I have to answer by looking at each specific part of the question.

Children: they need parents who love them and can care for them properly. No, you do not need to be married to be a good parent. It is nice to be married, it spreads out the work load, gives the children two people to look to for help, and it has the added value of giving a child an example for his future relationships.

Marriage: necessary to maintain the importance of the family unit and to provide both a male and female role model for your children. It gives us a built in support system as we raise our children AND provides us with love and devotion that will help to make us better parents.

Sex: this is only approprate within the bonds of marriage. Physical intimacy is a great blessing that is not only a lot of fun, but helps to strengthen our relationship with our partner and provides us with the opportunity to have children. So we shouldn't be wasting those sacred blessings on just any person. Wait for the right person.

To answer your question: you can be a great and wonderful parent without having a spouse to help you. But you should think about the reasons that you are considering having a child without marriage. If you don't feel complete: a baby won't complete you. If you want a baby but don't have a husband: wait and in time both will come to you. If you have a child coming but don't have a spouse: if you really want that child and can provide what he needs (physically and emotionally) then good for you. Just do what is best for your child (even if that means putting him up for adoption).

and that i assume you persist with all and sundry of God's rule? i'm no longer asserting what you have faith is incorrect. i'm with your perspectives, yet you will in no way locate me in a nook of substantial and State highway preaching to human beings i do no longer understand. good day.

Marriage is an arbitrary construct of our civilization. The purpose is to protect and nurture the children. If a person can protect and nurture the children by themselves, why not?

I think the idea of "family" is definitely going through a transition and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of studies still point to a traditional family as being the best place for kids.

if there is a baby in the situation,i think marriage is needed.

you may have a baby before you get married but you must get married after the baby is born.On the other hand in most countries they don't even give a identity card to the baby unless his parents are married.

I don't think it should be the way. People can live together but having a baby is different. I think that also requires a family.

People are free to choose their lives. But i have to say i find it hard when people sneer marriage by saying it is a piece of paper. According to my values, marriage,family are sacred things and to be respected.

Marriage or without it , a baby must have a dad and a mum.

• Pinar

It doesn't matter if it is acceptable or not. People shouldn't be selfish on having baby. Everyone will not be as lucky as BIRD. It seems that she handled the situation perfectly.