do u know any info about the dream act?

what is the probability of it being passed from the immigration bill in the senate right now

Favorite Answer

To answer your question, right now the chances of it being passed are slim to none.

It was included in the Comprehensive Immigration Reform and people went nuts to think illegal aliens could attend UCLA at the "in-state" tuition rate but a kid from Nevada had to pay 500% more for being out of state.

• I answered a similar question a long time ago and I was attacked by some and called stupid. I hope it passes.

Basically your friend had to have been under 16 when brought here illegally by his/her parents.

The DREAM Act is a bill introduced in the United States Senate in November of 2005 by Senator Richard Durbin that will solve this growing problem. Now boasting 20 cosponsors, this legislature is a carefully constructed document with strict requirements and eligibility limitations. Under the provisions of this bill, those who entered the United States five years prior to the passage of the legislature and were under the age of 16 at the time of entry are eligible for a six year conditional residency status upon completion of an associates degree or two years of military service. If the applicant demonstrates good moral character, at the end of the six year conditional residency, the applicant can apply for United States citizenship. This is the opportunity that eligible students hope for.

• DAR

It is currently in the Senate bill. If the Senate Bill dies it is one of the pieces people are thinking of pulling out and trying as a stand alone bill.

I do not see the current bill passing, because too many politicians have heard from their constituents over the past weeks.

Last I heard 4 out of 5 dentists recommended it for politicians who wanted civil war or losing their jobs.