my father died in his sleep and they put.........?

heart disease as reason of death--yet he was never diagnosed while living--how is that???

• Done
    Favorite Answer

generally every one dies of heart failure. But a lot of people have heart disease and never know it

• Elsie

Sorry about your dad. Your father probably did die of heart disease, if they found out by autopsy. He may have never been diagnosed while he was alive because he may not have had any symptoms, or perhaps he was never tested. With heart disease, some people just never realize that they even have a problem.

Source(s): hospital volunteer

sorry about your father's death.

i think that's why it is very important to get a health screening on a yearly basis.

heart disease is genetic so it is important for you to visit the doctor so that this untimely death won't happen to you.

also, consider his diet and lifestyle, those could be some key factors as well.

most likely if they did an autopsy they were able to pin point his cause of death.

then remember sometimes parents really do not let their children know what is going on in their life (i.e. if the doctor gave them some bad news) so it is possible that your father may have known he had a condition but loved his family so much that he did not want to burden you with his grief.

My father in law died the same way. His reason of death was the same. They said he had a heart attack in his sleep, which was brought on by heart disease. It was never known that he had it either. Sometimes things happen that leave us asking why, but we are so thankful that he died peacefully in his sleep.

Best of luck to you!

my father died in his sleep too-Massive heart attack but he had a pace maker. sometimes heart disease is never diagnosed and then it's too late. Sorry to hear of your loss. I miss my dad so much, I hope your doing OK. take care of yourself.

He died of congestive heart failure, which means he did not suffer a bit. He probably had chest pains once in a while, but when he sat down they went away. So he wasn't informed enough to know that these supposedly harmless little chest pains were VERY harmful. He had one clogged artery that just plain gave out on him. This happened to my Dad. So I keep hocking my husband to be aware of any left side pains. Not only in your chest, but also your left jaw or arm. I hope this puts a little closure on your Father's death. May he rest in peace.

Source(s): P.A.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. Losing a parent sucks.

It's entirely possible that your dad's heart disease was asymptomatic - he wouldn't have known there was anything wrong and doctors may not have known to look for anything if there weren't any complaints - or that the symptoms were minor enough that your dad ignored them.

Probably from the signs they got, or if they did an autopsy, they may have found things that led them to believe heart disease. My dad had a brain tumor, we never knew it was there, until he passed. Sorry for your loss.

Clogged arteries/heart disease are not diagnosed unless he went to the doc and abnormalities were found that made them perform more serious tests.

• Lindy

some heart disease does not show itself until it is too late so there may not always be a warning. My Dad died of a heart attack and it was very unexpected so I share your shock and disbelief.

My best wishes go to you and your family at your time of loss.