should i go back out with my ex?

i still like him but the problem is that he is going to be in the eight grade and im going to be in the ninth. he has been calling me he is in washington for the summer and he told me yesturday that he misses me and that he luvs me and that when he gets back he wants to go to the movies with me. my friend has been talking to him and stuff and he told her that he likes me alot and he would really like to go back out with me. when i went out with him last time he was being a jerk to me but he told my friend that he was just having some family problems at that time and that he felt really bad about it. we would be able to see each other on sundays and on wedensdays. and i would be able to go to the movies with him.

should i go back out with him? or should i try to move on?

Favorite Answer

It sounds serious.

No, There is a reason this person is an ex. It's not that you would have to "try to move on" it will be easy once you put your mind to the fact that you should enjoy your age, your friends any life overall. Any time you have to second think weather or not to date someone usually it isn't worth it so don't. It should be an easy choice to make. Always go for those that make you 100% happy not 100% here and 5% there.

Source(s): Alot of dating :) and 100% happy now.

I wouldn't over think this too much. You're in the 8th grade. It's pretty unlikely that he is the one...but if you like spending time together do it. Just don't start thinking about marriage lol! He's probably going to spin out a some stage and be a boy. Once you are older, and meet a real man, you will understand.

Get some free popcorn!

Why not just try going to the movies with him again. If you try, the worst thing that could happen is you'll end up right where you are now. Give him another chance, you could miss out on a lot if you don't!

Well hun to tell you the truth i was going out with a guy named stephen and I dumped him because he was a real big jerk but know he calls me and tells me he cares about me and he is very sorry but my best friend kept saying that he had problems with his family or i shouldn't be with him but have you ever thought that it really wasn't your best friend well if you have feelings for this guy then you should get back with him but if he treats you bad every time your around him then u really shouldn't get with him i hope that helps sweetie

No! Not because he isn't worth it or anything. But you are going into high school, the big one!!!! Trust me when I say you wont have time for junior high school boys. Agree to be his friend, but this is high school. And although it seems to drag on forever, it doesn't. This is a great and exciting time in your life, leave your options open. That way no one gets hurt. Have fun, and good luck!

• Lucky

Why waste anymore time on him or any other boys. You are in 9th grade. Go hang out with your girlfriends. Boys are only a complication. He is young,8th grade and immature,and you will find if you just focus on your school work,make good grades,then you will graduate high school with honors,receive scholorships..There really is plenty of time for boys,wait until their men,it a lot more fun then! Let him go,he is just a kid...

Source(s): ME
  • Take a break this summer...If you guys still want to be with each other a tthe end of the summer then go for it...But for now, just take a break and see what else is out there...

Are you sure his family problems are resolved or at least he is dealing with them instead of being a jerk to you? I would give him another shot, because he has owned up to his behavior and that is a mature thing for him to do.

if you think its worth another shot, go ahead. In the end, its your decision that matters and it doesnt matter what I...or anyone else tells u. Follow your heart. Chances are.....you like him enough to date him again. you're just fighting yourself on this.....which is why you're asking us. I think, deep down inside.....u know what u want to do. find the answer

your x is a x for a reason, and the 8th grade lol. maybe get off the computer and go meet some new guys