Is it okay to wear a white sweater to a wedding??

I am going to an evening wedding and chose a very pretty/simple red floral printed dress, with a white background. It is strapless so I will be wearing a cardigan over top. Is it okay to wear white, because the dress is mainly red?

Favorite Answer

o most definatly as long as majority of your outfit is not white it should be fine

If it were just a white sweater I would say no, deferring to that "only the bride wears white" rule. But, since you're actually wearing a red dress and the cardigan will just be used over that in the evening when it cools I think it would be fine. I know it wouldn't have bothered me at my own wedding one bit! Have a great time!

Source(s): Life Former bride

yes just dont where all white i think i wore a white dress to a wedding but i was like 12 and i think everyone knew i wasnt the bride

• ?

i do no longer see a issue with it in any respect. The bride's alluring costume shouldn't recover from-shadowed by utilising an effortless white cardigan. bypass forward and positioned on it. while you're very worried, call up the bride in my opinion and ask her!

no no no

i was watching this wedding show dos and donts

and it says to NEVER wear white to a wedding because you are supposed to let the bride be the only one

Definitely unless the cardigan is very sheer.

totally..it's gonna look good