sue walmart?

I want to sue walmart because they broke my truck during an iol change. But no lawyer will take my case cause its only 2000 dollars worth of damage. So what do I do now

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Small claims court. However, have you tried to talk to head office about this? My son took his car in for an oil change. The idiots forgot to put the oil cap back on. He called the head office. They paid for the $1600 in damage to his engine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take them to small claims court. Lawyers are not allowed for either side but you may have a problem with jurisdiction. I understand that large companies often file a motion for a change of venue to the county that their corporate headquarters are housed. In the case of Wal Mart, that would be in Arkansas. Besides that, your state Bureau of Automotive Repair that issued them their license will step in and investigate. They often mediate payment if you can convince them that it was their incompetence or negligence that caused the damage. The BAR in most states is part of the department of consumer affairs. Good luck.

• 4 years ago

The shirt is in step with danger a knock-off, synthetic distant places the place human beings could not understand English ok. i don't see straightforward straightforward techniques to sue Walmart--it grow to be your brother who offered the shirt. He can get his money returned, yet aside from that there is not any entitlement to damages because of the fact he has not been harmed by utilizing a spelling blunders on a shirt.

• 1 decade ago

Judge Judy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

john b is wrong. attorneys are allowed in small claims court and walmart cant remove to arkansas. they can only remove to federal court not to arkansas and it has to be for more than 75,000 he doesnt know what he is talking about.

• Jack
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Like the Rich Guy said....Small Claims is the way to go.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you dont need a lawyer for a small claim... you can fight them yourself as long as the settlement is not over 5000 ......... one example of why you shouldnt shop at walmart!

• mel s
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Have you talked to the auto manager, the store manager, etc..?

• 1 decade ago

small claims court.

• 1 decade ago

JUDGE JUDY!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.