Anyone know how to get rid of this program?? Please Help!?

I seem to be having problems removing my mcafee firewall and security center that came with the dell. When i go into add and remove programs and start the uninstall process an error message pops up saying that i cant remove it because it missing an install program!! I do not need nor want mcafee because I use a different program. Everytime i start up the computer i get the error message that mecafee is not installed properly. I have never had this much problems removing any program!!!!

I Cant delete this programs when i go to control panel, every time i try to delete this programs i get a message thats says "The installation cannot continue because some components (c:\program~1\mcafee.com\agent\unist\screm.ui) are missing" and idk what to do because i want to get rid of this program cause i dont need it anymore and i have another one.

Favorite Answer

Try removing it through CCleaner. It has an uninstall programs feature. If that doesn't work, delete the files manually in the C:/Programs Files folder, then try and remove it again and clean the registry with CCleaner.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. CCleaner also fixes your registry. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware.

• LTC

Take your computer back to its seller. Tell the seller what you want to do to your computer and problems you want to solve if you've already tried it yourself but cannot solve the problems.