Will female orgasm affect implantation of a fertilized egg?

If a woman orgasms during the time in which a fertilized egg should be implanting, will the orgasm cause the egg not to implant? Can a big orgasm cause an early pregnancy to miscarry?

Please only answer if you KNOW the answer (no guesses or sarcastic answers please.)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Malina
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Orgasims take place inside the vagina. Implantation takes place inside the uterus. Only the muscles in the vagina move during orgasm. This should not affect implantation, in the same way that going for a run shouldn't affect implantation. In fact, orgasiming while trying to conceive helps push sperm inside the cervix. it only helps, but it is not a guarantee of conceiving. Doing this while an embryo is implanting will not affect implantation. You cannot miscarry from an orgasm.

Source(s): The wonderful doctors and nurses at FPNC
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

there is not any guarentee that Advil etc will preclude implantation - you're able to be able to harm your self or finally end up hurting a destiny infant. Get the morning After pill and next time have extra appreciate on your physique and don't have unprotected intercourse.

• 1 decade ago

To answer your question, Yes it IS possible. If it's in your fall. tube, the vibrations can re-direct the egg & cause the fertilized egg to not make it to your uterus to implant. If it has made it to your uterus & you have a week/loose uterus/cervix opening/muscles, it can fall out before it implants securely.

VERY VERY RARE, maybe even unknown most times, but It's especially possible if you are HIGH RISK for miscarriage & the doctor puts you on Bed Rest.

If you are medically healthy, then I would not worry too much, unless you are "high risk"

Source(s): Been TTC for 3 months, & I read this JUST yesterday, one of which is the highly reccomended "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" GOOD LUCK!! for both of us.
  • 4 years ago

It must, or you wouldn't be advised AGAINST it after IVF transfer. And a woman does experience orgasm contractions is just her vagina, her uterus contracts as well...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it will help it..I orgasmsed knowing i was ovulating that day in the morning 11/11/06 & 2weeks later i found out i was pregnant.good luck

• 1 decade ago

Orgasm has nothing to do with getting pregnant or not. I had intrauterine insemination no orgasm and got pregnant with twins.

• 1 decade ago

No. No negative effects.

Source(s): Experience :)
  • 1 decade ago

No it doesnt it actually help from what I was told

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.