Why does hip hop on the radio suck?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, radio and record companies have co-opted rap music and really dumbed it down. These outlets really don't have any idea what true creativity is. Who is in charge with signing these rappers who really don't have any passion for the music and only want the "bling, bling"? If you want a true representation of what rap is listen to Divine Forces radio on KPFK 90.7 in L.A. You can listen to this show streaming or on-demand on the station's website.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It is not the radio. Hip hop is not music and the radio is just transmitting noise.

• Because they can't play the good stuff.

And how is hip hop not music, Viencent G? What makes what you listen to music?

• 1 decade ago

Because They Edit The Curse Words

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Many of the things deemed inappropriate are edited out, thus compromising the entire songs and their efficacy.

• 1 decade ago

When you find the answer to that let me know. Thats why I a Dutty Gal! I love Reggae Music Forever!

• 1 decade ago

Because people are losing their interests in rap and hiphop and rappers dont have anything else to rap about, its always the same thing hustling, money, chicks, cars and etc,.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

$$$ its also why (modern)rock on the radio sucks.

• 1 decade ago

i know way its because the DJ or who ever likes those ones and wont play anything new

• 1 decade ago

cause thay block out the bad words,cussing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.