How scary is the space mountain ride at disneyworld? Is there any weightlessness feeling?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • AE N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Very jerky.

• 1 decade ago

The top speed is only 28 MPH which is not very fast for a coaster. There are no huge drops, no inversions. It's called a "wild mouse" coaster. Lots of quick dips and turns. Lots of fun because of the dark. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad goes 33 MPH top speed. Not to scary. Beware of Rock N Rollercoaster's 55 MPH and three inversions-it's not for beginners. Expedition Everest has a big drop but it's not as intense as Splash Mountain to me because you come barreling out of the mountain so fast that you don't see a drop coming. Everest has no inversions. Inversion means you are turned upside down by the way. Test Track is the fastest ride at WDW, but it is a nice smooth track and not scary.

• 1 decade ago

Space Mountain is a roller coaster that is in the dark. It isn't a wild roller coaster. This ride is in Magic Kingdom.

You might be confusing the ride with Mission Space at Epcot. Mission Space simulates a ride in a space ship to Mars. You really feel what it must be like to be an astronaught on a space mission! Here is a link to a description.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attract...

Source(s): Previous Disney World trips.
  • 1 decade ago

There is some weightless feeling, the ride is also completely in the dark so you canot see what is coming and everthing is a suprise! I just tried expedition everest and it is fantastic as well. If you are looking for something more mild than consider great thunder mountain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No weightlessness and i liked it but wasn't scared.

It's a cool ride

• 1 decade ago

No weightlessness but it's very fast and one of the most popular......

• Justin
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Its pretty scarey. Its a really dark rollar coaster with sharp turns and deep drops.

• 1 decade ago

I went last year and it seems to me they slowed it down a lot! Its really dark but you can still see and it jerks you around a lot. But trust me...its not fast at all!

• 1 decade ago

its really cool just dont put your hands up to high.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.