Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

How do the Japanese make square watermelons?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Grow it in a jar or square container, we used to do it with apples as kids!

• 1 decade ago

The same way they make apple-shaped watermelons. They plant them in something that has the basic shape and as the fruit grows they change it so it can accomodate the fruit and grow into the shape they desire.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They grow them in glass boxes, and change the size of the box when the melons get bigger (so as not to break the box), until they are full grown, and square.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

by growing the fruits in glass boxes and letting them naturally assume the shape of the receptacle

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wooden boxes with clear sides are placed around the growing fruit which naturally swells to fill the surrounding shape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hmmmmm, makes me want to put a apple in a piggybank, let it assume the shape of a pig break the piggy bank away from my apple pig plant the piggbank apple seeds and grow a money tree!!

• 1 decade ago

Thye grow them in a clear plastic vented box. Sorry it's not more exciting, but there you are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are grown in a suare-shaped plot surrounded by wood.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they plant the seed in a square box and it grown in there when done they crack in they Even do heart shape one.............ps i saw it on discover how it is made

• 1 decade ago

grow them in square crates

Source(s): looked it up
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.